Re: [tlug] Open-source Japan

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Curt Sampson writes:
>
>  > Unfortunately, it's often less costly to make something look good
>  > than actually to make it good, so there's a pretty strong incentive
>  > to compete by fooling people into thinking they're getting something
>  > they're not.
>
> That is not the fault of the market.  That is a combination of the
> underlying scarcity of information, and people who think that somebody
> else should take care of their *needs*.

Markets aside.  I presume you are talking as an Economist and making no
distinction between what most would consider wants (i.e. those things
you could live without) and needs (those essential for life).  Its a bit
hard having a functioning society without relying on others to take care
of at at least some of your needs.

Edward