Re: [tlug] Open-source Japan

Well,
>   And it got me to thinking about what the state of open-source in
> Japan is. Hopefully some people on this list who are in the trenches can
> chime in on the topic.

I'm not in the trench very deep and this is not technically related
but my dear wife, bless her sometimes misguided heart, really liked to
disrespect (when talking to me at least) the guy who married who was
into linux and couldn't find a job for a while.  He finally hooked up
with the the self-defense force using his linux skills.  He wasn't
just playing around with his computer when he wasn't working but
somehow she won't recognize that.

I mean the value of his contributions relative to his pay (none until
later) compared to a wall street banker who gets paid for shifting
money from one pocket to another without really creating anything that
didn't exist before...well you can't compare the two but shouldn't
value be respected?

I taught him English for a while so I know he won't be reading this.
I really respect the guy...

Shawn