Re: [tlug] How to Re-Enable wlan0?

CL пишет:
Kubuntu 8.10 on a Lenovo R-61

Because I usually use Ethernet at home -- which is how I am connecting right now -- I didn't notice exactly when in the recent spate of updates that my wireless lan quit working. Of course, I didn't notice until I needed it during a client visit. KNetworkmanager says *wlan0 wireless disabled* and, when the mouse pointer hovers over the icon it reports wlan0 as "down" and eth0 as "activated."

I have this sick feeling that I have missed something basic. But, the wlan0 network connection was working previously and I didn't consciosly do anything to turn it off ... I think.

Despite the how-tos I am still without wifi ... any polite suggestions would be appreciated.

---

Have you try to ifdown/ifup wlan0 manually?