Re: [tlug] Replacing the WM in Gnome 2.24

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:15:33AM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On 2009-02-21 10:36 +0900 (Sat), tlug@example.com wrote:
>
> > My proposed solution: avoid Fedora/RHEL/CentOS when possible! ;)
>
> Yeah, that's pretty much what I've decided to do, at this point. The
> inability to chose different session managers at login from GDM was the
> real killer; it seems that if you've got a Gnome Fedora 10 system, every
> user of the system must use gnome, and nobody can use KDE. The Fedora
> guys are really falling down on this stuff.

They're falling down in many ways (recently, on a CentOS forum, someone,
in saying that they weren't saying someone was useless came out with the
phrase, "I'm not saying it's as useful as RedHat Bugzilla..." which I
found amusing, but...

This one doesn't sound right. I'm wondering if there was something that
went wrong in the installation.  Although I seldom use GDM, from time to
time, I'll do a quick install with defaults, (i.e., booting into GDM)
and I haven't run into that issue.

I'll be the first to agree that they frequently break things--their
decision to tie sound to console kit is a prime example--but was this
the case on more than one installation?

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6