Re: SCIM working! (Was: Re: [tlug] Re: EeePC so far)

2009/2/20 Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 08:38:50AM +1100, Jim Breen wrote:
>> >
>> > /etc/init.d/canna
>> > ... rest of the script ...
>> > exit 0
>> > } > /var/log/canna.start.log
>
> oh, I forgot the stderr redirection here... this line should have been
>
> } > /var/log/canna.start.log 2>&1

>> OK. Did all that and  restarted. No canna and /var/log/canna.start.log wasn't
>> created. I can only conclude that the script never gets invoked.
>> (I ran "/etc/init.d/canna start" by hand and as expected
>> /var/log/canna.start.log was created containing "Starting cannaserver...")
>
> sorry, my fault. Could you try once again?

Done. It made no difference; nothing was written to /var/log/canna.start.log
and canna didn't start.

Can anyone suggest a boot-time script where I can safely start canna?

/usr/bin/startx ??
/etc/X11/Xsession ??
/etc/X11/init/initrc ??

(just picking a few from "ps -ef")