Re: SCIM working! (Was: Re: [tlug] Re: EeePC so far)

2009/2/19 Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com>:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 03:57:23PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>> Jim Breen writes:
>>
>>  > > Anyway, the thing is that is should already run automagically without
>>  > > you having to add canna to any startup file.
>>  >
>>  > Prexactly. That's the mystery. /etc/rc5.d as a symlink S20canna
>>  > pointing to /etc/init.d/canna so I expect cannaserver to be started. It
>>  > isn't.
>>
>> Isn't there anything in the logs about trying to start it?
>>
>> Are you sure that your default runlevel is "5"?
>
> In debian the default runlevel is 2 and there is usually no difference
> between the multiuser runlevels, so all the services are started in
> 2,3,4,5.

Thanks. as I commented earlier, it is set up for runlevels 2-5.

> If there are still no logs in /var/log/messages I'd also stick a
>  set -x
> on the second line of the script and reboot just to see what happens.

Two things:

(a) I don't have a /var/log/messages. I guess the EeePC is set up without
logging enabled. How do I turn it on? (It's always been there on my
other systems.)

(b) in the second line of which script do I put "set -x"?

Ever hopeful.

Jim

--
Jim Breen