Re: [tlug] Call for presenters - March 14th technical meeting

Edward Middleton writes:

 > That would be a great topic.  I would especially like to hear about how
 > you used Git.  Do you deal with any cross SCM issues?

Not in the sense of git-svn.  Where I want a single simple UI to
different VCSes I use vc.el.  Where I really need fine control over
the history graph, I use raw git.  If I don't have a git repo, I make
one.

 > I have found git-svn works pretty well with subversions
 > repositories but I can't seem to find anything equivalent for
 > Darcs.

You mean git-darcs?  Or darcs-svn?

 > Subversion was just an incremental improvement on RCS->CVS but
 > probably still the best for a purely centralized repository
 > approach.

Well, yes and no.  It's not the radical innovation that DVCS is, but
Subversion does many things so much better than CVS by now that it's a
different model.