Re: SCIM working! (Was: Re: [tlug] Re: EeePC so far)

2009/2/17 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:
> Jim Breen writes:
>  > What I had to do was set up a terminal with a Japanese
>  > environment. It may have been overkill, but as root I did:
>  > XMODIFIERS=@example.com LC_ALL=ja_JP.UTF-8 LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 uxterm&
>
> According to POSIX, LC_ALL overrules LANG; if you need both, something
> is broken.  It's been a while since I needed to care, but I believe
> that LC_ALL actually overrules all the specific ones (LC_CTYPE,
> LC_TIME, etc).

I thought it did, but it didn't hurt to make sure.

BTW, since I am partly trapped in the early 1990s, I also installed
canna and kinput2 (apt-get install canna ...)  Canna installed OK,
but doesn't launch at boot time. It works when I start it by hand.

Since debian is foreign to me, what is the best place to start
Canna at boot time?

Cheers

Jim

--