[tlug] Re: EeePC so far

2009/2/9 John Fremlin <john@example.com>:
> Jim Breen wrote:
>>
>> BTW, I though scim would have been installed so it would launch
>> the daemon at startup. It doesn't.
>
> Yes it's very annoying and got me on Ubuntu. Sometimes you need to configure
> the locales for which scim should start.
>
> See im-switch
>
> im-switch -z "your locale" -s scim
>
> or
>
> im-switch -z "your locale" -s scim-bridge

I did the former. It said the right things, but still no sign of life
from the IM.

One of the frustrating things about IM failures is they never
produce useful messages or log reports. I know why this is, but
it's still frustrating. In this case, with IceWM and Xandros, there
is no IM icon to fiddle with. There was the CN one until I removed
gcim. Now there's nothing.

Jim

--
Jim Breen