Re: [tlug] Disabling "Expire Messages" Function in KMail

Jim Tittsler wrote:

For most of my mail needs I use the beta version of Thunderbird 3. Its IMAP support is greatly improved over Tbird2, and it is also starting to embrace the "tag/search over folder" mindset.

I was going to stay out of this, but I'll add my vote in here for TBird, which I use for most of my mail, except for when I moderate email lists, at which time I use Emacs Mew.

One thing I like about TBird is its cross-platform-ness. I have to use Windows for a significant part of my work, and I am able to simply copy the full TBird directories over to Windows, and everything works fine (except that you might have to correct the pathname in the .ini file in the base directory if you already have it installed).

I have been using it for several years now, and I have built up my own Junk filter based on Subject and Content that filters out almost all the spam before even starting the standard Junk mail function (it's saved as a text file which I'd be happy to share with anyone who wants it).

Chuck

A. Charles Muller

University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters
Center for Evolving Humanities
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku
Tokyo 113-0033, Japan

http://www.acmuller.net