Re: [tlug] Japanese in Wine??

CL wrote:
Johan Berntsson wrote:
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:57 PM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:

Perhaps this can help?

ARGH!!!

What have I screwed up?  How do I "own" .wine if not via sudo?

$ sudo wineloc -l ja_JP /media/cdrom0/startmenu.exe
WineLocale 0.41 - CJK Launcher for Wine (cli)
ja_JP
Using locale file /usr/local/share/wineloc/patches/common/ja_JP.reg ...
Setting up Japanese Shift-JIS locale ...
wine: /home/onk-01/.wine is not owned by you
Executing application ...
wine: /home/onk-01/.wine is not owned by you
Restoring old Wine locale settings
wine: /home/onk-01/.wine is not owned by you

One possible hint ... when I walked through the instructions given at the site above, I had to issue a "sudo" at every single step and keep dropping down to root. Maybe it is because I came along when the KDE 3.5 version of Konsole was available and it has a "use as root" page, which the later version does not (it is the only pre-KDE4 program I actually miss), but I had thought that it was possible to become root and remain root until further notice.

--
CL