Re: [tlug] Wii Linux

On Jan 28, 2009, at 10:52 AM, John Fremlin <john@example.com> wrote:

I want to get a Wii. Any suggestions on how to acquire one cheaply?

Here are some options (none which I consider great)
1. Buy a used one from sofmap or a game store that sells used stuff (savings not so impressive)
2. Check out yahoo auctions jp and try bidding (requires decent jp reading skills I think)
3. Bug your social network that is physically in japan that they want to donate a wii :)

As for whether the hack works on newer gen versus older gen Wiis. Isn't that part of the fun? :)

Alain