Re: [tlug] Japanese support, IME, etc. on ASUS eeePC

Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another option would be reinstalling with Debian sid, which I and my
> friend Iwamatsu has done with eeePC. It's fun.

I have installed debian Lenny on three different netbooks, and have jp
scim working on them. Not yet had chance to try it on an eeepc , but the
debian wiki makes it look quite straightforward.

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Status

Installing Lenny immediately frees you from the nonsense of manufacturer-
(badly-)maintained repos.

set your eeepc free!

nigel