Re: [tlug] Japanese support, IME, etc. on ASUS eeePC

Jim Breen wrote:

I do need Japanese support (fonts, IME, etc.). Looking back
in the TLUG archives I see references by Baba Yoshihiko
to some instructions at:
http://siam-breeze.seesaa.net/article/73168030.html which
indicate it's really quite simple. The Xandros Linux
seems to be based on Debian etch, and hence it just seems
to be matter of a few apt-gets.

Unless something changed radically in Ottawa, none of Corel's current or stripped-off and rebranded products support Unicode. The only version of WordPerfect that ever did was v.8.0J for WIN 98 / W2K which was jimmied and reboxed by a Marubeni subsidiary for awhile (and which I still use).

The version of SCIM Xandros Desktop 4.1 accepted were at least two years out of date. I dumped Xandros (fully paid version) for Kubuntu over a year ago as a result. I currently run it on both my desktop and laptop.

--
CL