Re: [tlug] Job Posting

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 09:22:09PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> looking for feedback, is our "Interview Process" page:

Some random remarks:

The competency matrix might be useful in principle, but IMHO this
implementation looks a bit, um, bloated, in contrast to the elegant
simplicity of the rest of the website, which I much appreciate.
Also, some terms would need a more accurate definition to make sense
(what is a "platform"?).

You make no reference to the academic background of the candidate.
Although I can think of some obvious explanation, I'd be curious to know
the exact rationale behind this.  Wouldn't it be a piece of information
at least as useful as the "books I've read" in the competency matrix?

If you're really after a "genius developer" as you wrote in the original
post, you might end up having to relax the "someone who has direct
experience working with you on technical projects and has technical
knowledge at your level or higher" reference requirement somehow. :-)
(I guess the statement that "The process is flexible" also encompasses
such cases.)

Ah, there's a small typo in the second line of the "Philosophy" page.

Cheers,
 David
--
 David Santinoli
 Tieffe Sistemi S.r.l.                      viale Piceno 21, Milano