Re: [tlug] Job Posting

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 09:22:09PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:

>     http://www.starling-software.com/en/employment/interview-process
>
> So thoughts? Is this going to frighten away the good guys, too,
> particularly inexperienced but smart people? Are the sample programs we
> ask for too hard? Too easy? The wrong sort of problem? (This particular
> sort of request for sample programs is something I've not tried before.)
> What about the process in general; is this something that job-seekers
> would, or at least should, feel comfortable with? Are there some good
> ideas out there that I should be adding to this?

Seems perfectly reasonable for hiring coders.

Reminds me of something an ISP from Switzerland is doing for testing
Sysadmins: for each applicant they spawn a Virtual Machine with linux
and software like mysql/apache/php/bind.
A list with issues has to be fixed, a script has to be written, some
problems to be solved.

Applicants should take it as nice and tiny challenge to be done.
Also nice you let the applicant choose his environment.

Christian