Re: [tlug] Job Posting

Looking at the ruby program, from 2, what should

S "/usr/bin/killall -9 ruby"

return ;)

If I were applying for the position, I'd have it return:

"Nice try, smart ass..."

So you would take the problems specification as incomplete and assume that securing the ruby system command was part of the problem without consulting further with the client.

That's a good point and may well have been intentional in the assignment. Since it's just a test assignment, I probably would make the assumption, put in a comment, and bring it up at the interview. But since the text of the web site says that the applicant should ask questions if he has any (or something to that effect), I probably would *not* get hired.

Oh well... Good thing I've already got a decent job for now...

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org/                    for thou art crunchy
http://thelemicleague.org/        and goest well with cheese.