Re: [tlug] Ubtuntu 8.04 -> 8.10 Upgrade Pain

On 1/11/2009, "Godwin Stewart" <gstewart@example.com> wrote:

>SIS chipsets have always been a problem as far back as the late '90s

An SIS chipset has long been my number 1 Run Away Screaming indicator. I
have had more problems with SIS chipsets than probably all other
hardware put together over the 10 years I've been using Linux. I don't
buy any of that stuff myself, but my dad is, well, rather attracted to
the lowest possible price on hardware, which means he's had more than a
few SIS video cards over the years. I think he's finally convinced to
not buy any more of that stuff :)

Jonathan