Re: [tlug] Kubuntu 8.04->8.10 Upgrade: Two for Two

Nick Bikkal wrote:

I have installed Kubuntu 8.04. It was an upgrade from Ubuntu but believe it was not worth it. Too many problems, including the fact I don't know enough how to use Linux products. I hate Windows but I know it well. Pity; I was hoping I could succeed. I can't even get it to read my drives.

8.04 was too stable and solid. I guess that a machine that just worked like it was supposed to didn't make me feel techy enough, or something ... at least that was what I was always accused of in my WIN days.

As a matter of fact, 8.04 is an LTS which means that it is extra stable in comparison to what came before and after it. If you list up the kinds of problems you are having, there may be some easy solutions to get you up and running.

Also, if you have not joined Kubuntu Forums, yet, you should do so. There is a lot of information available there that doesn't get published elsewhere.

--
CL