Re: [tlug] Quoting...yet again

On 2008-12-22 20:41 +0900 (Mon), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Curt Sampson writes:
>
>  > I dunno about this; it seems to me that identifying and removing
>  > large blocks of text is one of the few things where a "mousy" editor
>  > could actually be pretty near or even as efficient as using vi.
>
> Not in any GUI I've used.  Granted, I'm not a GUI person but it's hard
> to see how you can get as fast as 1000dd or M-> C-w (and I'm not
> really a vi person either).

Well, as I said, keep in mind that I'm hardly a GUI-editor power user,
but selecting a block with an arbitrary start point and end point from
text in front of you should be as simple as "move mouse to start, hold
down button, drag to end," or something similar, ought it not? Then it's
a simple matter of pressing the delete key. Note I am talking about a
typical mail message where both of your endpoints are on-screen.

> ...(and/or liking your curry hot with NaN). :-)

Actually, though I love nan now, I switched originally due to the lack
of basmati rice in Indian curry shops in Japan. I guess that means I was
originally negative NaN. :-)

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com