Re: [tlug] booting vista partition inside linux (Fedora 10)

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 03:45:22PM -0800, Matt Gross wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> It's been a while since the last time I posted anything to the tlug list, but I
> have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with.  Does anyone know a
> good way to boot a vista partition from within linux (FC10)?  I have a dual
> boot system, but would prefer to run linux and only boot Vista from within
> linux when I need to use MS Office.  I would use VMware, but I don't want to
> purchase a license.  Does anyone know of any free tools that are available for
> linux?
]
VirtualBox has become quite popular and is quite good.

It does NAT networking by default, however, it's relatively easy to get
bridged networking going if you need it.  See
http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/vboxbridge.html

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: I'm a bloodsucking fiend! Look at my outfit!