Re: [tlug] Gigabit Internet connection

TLUG,

A takyubin guy came to my door, and he left me with the new KDDI home gateway thing, and took away the old one.

The transition has been one of the easiest ever. I just popped the cables out of the old, popped them into the new, and my internet connection seems to be working fine.

In fact, the transition is so smooth that at first I couldn't tell if anything had changed. Not too surprised, mind you, as I figured that any changes would be beyond my monkey brain to perceive.

So I looked around for some Japanese broadband speed tests on line, figuring that they would have to be within Japan for the difference to be tangible.

I got results that varied from about 60 Mbps download, up to around 90Mbps, and just one result of 120 Mbps.

I'm taking that to mean that I do in fact have my 1Gb connection working. In practical results, it seems to have boosted my download speed by about 10% or so over what I remember as being average results with similar tests before. Maybe. And that's probably just because a part of me wants to believe there's at least some difference. I guess that means I'm on KDDI's new "Confirmation Bias Plan".

Anyway, now I just need the rest of the internet to catch up.

In the meantime, I'm still claiming bragging rights. When I next tell my father about it, I will describe the wind rushing through my hair as I whip through the series of tubes at uncontrollable speeds.

Hang 10... to the power of 9, baby!

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G