Re: [tlug] Network issues Japan -> USA?

2008/12/10 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:
> Curt Sampson writes:
>
>  > However, "the right information" often turns out to be things like a
>  > pcap packet dump file along with an annotated dump of that showing where
>  > things appear to be going wrong.)
>
> I think that would scare the front-line support staff into calling a
> real tech, yupyupyup.  I'll have to remember that for the next time I
> need help with finding the hole into which to plug my phone line on
> the TA.[1] ;-)

Well I did attach everything I had in the support request. Never got
any response, but the problem resolved itself at some point overnight.

If nothing else I'm a lot wiser as to where all the bits go once they
leave our router. Thanks for all the replies and apologies for the
late response, I've spent today catching up on everything left over
from yesterday.

Regards

Ian Barwick