Re: [tlug] Gigabit Internet connection

Dave M G wrote:
KDDI sent me a nice little flier offering me to upgrade to their 1Gb internet connection. I think I will, even though I know I probably won't notice too much a difference from my current 100Mb connection. Making the last mile go faster doesn't mean much if the rest of the internet isn't also faster.

You may get a noticeable performance boost if connecting to servers on the same ISP or other well connected sites, but probably only for large file downloads. I use 1Gb Ethernet on the home network. It didn't give a me significant performance boost until I started using Jumbo frames 9000k, which as far as I can see, are still unusable on the internet.

Edward