Re: [tlug] Network issues Japan -> USA?

Ian Barwick writes:

 > The odd thing is, downloading *from* the US seems to be working fine, which
 > would presumably rule out some sort of Windows update-induced mass
 > congestion. It's uploading *to* the US which is incredibly slow.

Think about it.  This is going to be asymmetric.  The packet flood is
going to confuse the receiving computer, but once it gets a packet
telling it "send out lots of data", as long as the protocol is
pipelined, sending data doesn't need to be slowed up as much.

At least, that's what I concluded when our LAN was "only" 100Mbit, and
Windows Update was making even mail fail with TCP timeouts.