Re: [tlug] James John McGuire

Curt Sampson writes:

 > I know a number of people here are running their own IT business in
 > one way or another, whether it be an actual kabushiki-gaisha or
 > just a sole proprietorship.

Ouch!  A business is a business; the form of ownership, the basis for
paying taxes, the liability aspects, etc are not reasons to deprecate
any business as "just a <nantoka>".

Remember, the more paperwork you do for the bureaucracy (ie, the
"shiki" in "kabushiki kaisha"), the lower the proportion of your work
that is going to your mission.  So look at what the business is, and
how the members of the firm conduct themselves; not the form of
organization.