Re: [tlug] Recommendations on ISDN Cards for a SIP server

Hi Sach,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Sach Jobb <sach.jobb@example.com> wrote:
That's what I have heard, but in my experience the cards seem to have varying reliability, hence my request for a recommendation. I will look into Digium.

I have setup machines with Digium cards that have been in production environments for close to 2 years now, so far as I know there have been zero problems (touch wood).

Actually, I am not bound to trixbox per say. If you have any other recommendations for a good asterisk solution I am all ears.

I'm actually using Asterisk@example.com (precursor to Trixbox) and it's fine. From my experience with Asterisk any of the web-based interfaces tend to fall on the 'almost too easy to use' side of things i.e. they will do a lot of things to a certain point, but once you want to do something different they fall over.

As I said before if you're comfortable with the command line you shouldn't have much of a problem setting it up. That said, I have not looked at the Trixbox (or any other) interface for quite some time, they may be better now.

Conor