Re: [tlug] Recommendations on ISDN Cards for a SIP server

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the response, I was starting to wonder if my request had fallen off the radar!

> I've used the Digium cards before with both NTT and Softbank T1 lines.
> I have not used any if their ISDN cards but I'd assume that they would
> work fine.

That's what I have heard, but in my experience the cards seem to have varying reliability, hence my request for a recommendation. I will look into Digium.

> The trickiest part was figuring out the Asterisk config settings to
> make it work with the (Japanese) phone line. You'll probably want to
> be comfortable working directly with the config files since I've found
> the trixbox interface to be wanting in this regard.

Actually, I am not bound to trixbox per say. If you have any other recommendations for a good asterisk solution I am all ears.

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,
Sach