Re: [tlug] Can't write to 500GB USB Drive

Al,

Thank you for responding.
sudo chown -R me /path/to/mountpoint

Yep, this worked. Thanks for providing clear and specific advice.

So two questions:

Is there a way I can make this a permanent condition? The drive gets hotplugged and removed now and again, and seems to want the "chown" command each time. Would be nice if it could be automatically accessible.

Why is it that permissions mattered for this large USB drive, but never seemed to matter for pen drives and SD cards? I use gParted to format all my USB devices.

Thanks for any advice.

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G