[tlug] Fibonacci and Netflix

Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> writes:
[...]
> Though seriously perhaps adding how Lisp compares with other function
> languages might be a good idea if you are going to structure it as an
> introduction to Lisp.

Thanks for the feedback!

I don't want to repeat stuff that's already out there for people to have
a look at in their free time. . .

The talk is mostly original drivel.

However, I have added one slide with a brief rundown of what Common Lisp
has.

\frame{\frametitle{Lisp is normal}

\begin{itemize}
\item Allows
  \begin{itemize}
  \item functional
  \item object orientated
  \item imperative
  \end{itemize}
  programming.
\item Compiles to efficient native code.
\item On the fly program modification.
\item Many libraries for modern practical work, like making SOAP requests,
  generating PDFs or calculating statistics.
\end{itemize}

Updated slides are here

http://john.freml.in/tsac.pdf