[tlug] Economic downturn good for open source

Dave M G writes:
 > TLUG,
 >
 > I'm sure you guys have probably seen this already, but if any of you
 > haven't, it's an interesting idea:
 >
 > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/10/21/open-source-gain-during

Actually, I had it myself the other night, so Whitehurst clearly gets
precedence (as you'd expect, he's in the trenches).  It's worth
following up (for my day job).

Thanks for the cite!  aussiebear's comment was especially on target.
I can't say as much for most of the fanboys on both sides, unfortunately.