Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Here... Where?

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 22:00:24 +0900
Wayne <fedorawayne@example.com> wrote:

> Sankt Gallen Brown Porter

WTF? I didnt know that there was a brewery in Japan named
after my home town..And i'm not sure, whether
the people there know about this (swiss towns/villages
tend to be quite picky about the use of their name).

Interestingly, the monastery in St.Gallen, which the brewery
takes it's name from, never had a brewery itself (they aren't Germans
after all ;-). But there is another brewery in the city itself,
called Schützengarten[1]...

I guess, i have to pay them a visit, next time i'm in Japan :-)

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://www.schuetzengarten.ch/
--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.