Re: [tlug] Looking for a distribution to replace Ubuntu

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Curt Sampson
<cjs@example.com> wrote:
> Ubuntu has a fair number of annoyances for me, as folks are probably
> gathering from my posts here. It's finally got enough stuff wrong that
> can't be fixed as easily as installing a new window manager package that
> I'm looking for a new distribution. I'd like to solicit suggustions.

You might want to take a look at SUSE. All networking is off by
default, and you will have to enable the services you wish to use
manually. It is also up to date, well maintained, and has lots of
well-integrated binaries. The control panel tools are better than
Ubuntu's as well. I use SUSE for commercial installations.

Johan