[tlug] GTK/Gnome themes

I was tarting up[1] my desktop the other day, and I noticed that the
standard Ubuntu Gnome themes all seem to have the same problem - they
have a big, thick and typically quite badly antialiased and ugly dark
line around the buttons.  I had a dig around, but didn't find anything
much else that I fancied.  Does anyone know of a decent theme that
passes this basic test of elegance and isn't a shameless Aqua ripoff?

--
Ian.

[1] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/tart_up