Re: [tlug] flash player 10, x86_64, firefox crashes

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 06:24:26PM +0900, Shawn wrote:
> >   libflashplayer.so
> >
> > Copy that file to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
>
> Ok thanks!  x86_64 firefox running flash 10 works!
> I should have tried to locate mozilla/plugins and I could have figured it out myself.
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

Well, there are mozilla/plugins all over the place, and it seems easy
enough to guess wrong.  :)

Did I mention that one doesn't have to remove nspluginwrapper,
especially if using adobe reader as well?  (removing nspluginwrapper can
also cause problems with SELinux if you use it.)

Instead, one should just add it to the IGNORE_WRAP line in
/etc/sysconfig/nspluginwrapper.  After the = sign, add this to the end
of that line (but within the quotes.)

:libflash*

If you have nothing in that line at present, then don't use the colon
before libflash, but by default, it seems to at least put libtotem in
there.  (I'm guessing that's the default since I never specifically
chose to install totem and I see it in there.)

Just in case that's not clear, what I mean is the line should look
something like this.

export IGNORE_WRAP="libtotem*:libjavaplugin*:libflash*"

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in
love 'til it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and
you'll hate each other 'til it makes you quiver, but you'll never
be friends. Real love isn't brains, children. It's blood. It's
blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's
bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.