Re: [tlug] flash player 10, x86_64, firefox crashes

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 10:09:58PM +0900, Shawn wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>

> OK thanks, I'll look for what to do afterwards just in case I was to
> have done something.

Ok, latest instructions.

Go to http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

Get that 64 bit version, it's a tarball.

Uninstall flash-plugin nspluginwrapper
yum remove nspluginwrapper flash-plugin

Make sure they're gone (I did some kind of typo and it only removed
nspluginwrapper, both versions, the first time.)
rpm -q nspluginwrapper
rpm -q flash-plugin

Now that they're both gone...

tar zxvf libflashplayer-10.0.d20.7.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz

It only has one file, libflashplayer.so

Copy that file to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins

Play flash.

Sound didn't work, but that was quickly fixed by.... wait for it.....

plugging in the speakers.  Yeah, you can't stop us geeks from finding
the solution.  (I guess when that little light is off, it means
something, but I figured it out.)

For discerning users, who prefer opera, simply add
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins to opera's plugin path.  (It might already be
there. )

I recommend this video to test it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLcc26-Mzac

Not really safe for work as it's quite obviously not work related.
However, safe in front of children, cats, spouses and all that.  It's
short.

This is only alpha, so when I post about it on the CentOS forums, no
doubt Alan, Ned and toracat will lecture me, but all 4 of us are used to
me doing this, so I doubt I'll get in trouble.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Giles: But this is why I think we should all keep a level head in
this.
Willow: And I happen to think mine is the level head and yours is
the one things would roll off of.