Re: [tlug] flash player 10, x86_64, firefox crashes

Hi Scott,

> > I updated my CentOS 5 install recently which killed firefox every time I
> > load a page with flash.
> >
> > If anyone is running flash player 10 on a x86_64 system, could you just
> > let me know how you installed flash (rpm, .tar etc. ) and what browser.

> You have to install both nspluginwrappers, for i386 and x86_64.
> After that, run mozilla-plugin-config -i -v
>
> <minor rant>  In FreeBSD, one installs nspluginwrapper and gets a
> pkg-message telling you what to do afterwards.  In RH based systems, one
> installs it, and finds no documentation about how to use it. The README
> says run nspluginwrapper, but of course, in CentOS/Fedora, there's no
> such command.
>
> Actually, in Fedora 10, you don't have to do anything but install the
> two (x86, x86_64) nspluginwrappers, the postinstall script takes care of
> the rest. </minor rant>

OK thanks, I'll look for what to do afterwards just in case I was to
have done something.

I did install both nspluginwrappers, for i386 and x86_64 with a 64bit
firefox.  I had installed the 32bit flash plugin via rpm first.  It
didn't crash but just left me with a greyed out box where the flash
goodies should be.

The 64bit alpha plugin doesn't seem to work either.

<minor rant>By the way, I helped someone get lejos set up on their
FreeBSD machine so now they can happily control their lego robots.  It
was just like setting up my Mac.  It wasn't finding libusb till I
finally tweaked the build file.  Why can't they be more like
linux</minor rant>

Thanks,

Shawn