Re: [tlug] Just curious... how much impact does a kernel update make?

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Seriously, after
> the discussion with Curt re: STM in Haskell, I think this one could
> happen soonish, and it seems like a solution is on the horizon.

I don't know,  It doesn't look like the silver bullet[1], and possible
not very applicable to a kernel[2].   Though there is a Linux kernel
supporting HTM[3].  Now all we need is hardware support ;)

1. http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid2=1400214.1400228
2. http://blogs.sun.com/bmc/entry/concurrency_s_shysters
3. http://www.google.com/search?q=TxLinux

Edward