[tlug] Microcontrollers + linux

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone on the list had had some experience purchasing
microcontrollers in Tokyo and using them with Linux. In particular, I'm
interested in something like the parallax stamp micro-controller, which
I know can be programmed from an i386 machine running linux (alas the
library is closed source, but it's better than nothing).

I'd love to know
(a) Good stores in Akihabara where you can buy them for cheap
(b) Any recommendations for cheap microcontrollers
(c) Any tips r.e. programming controllers using a machine running linux

Thanks,
Mark.