Re: [tlug] Re: [RFC] Outline of the fast HTTP talk (PHP benchmark)

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> Well, that doesn't make sense, given that Linux *does* have a good
> implementation of CPU affinity, as well as being able to do CPU binding,
> which they also confusingly call affinity.

Being a cretin who has only followed that sort of
discussion on lkml, I do not find the terms confusing.

"Affinity" to me means attracted towards and could
be construed in English as friends.

"Binding" means something quite a bit different and
something like marriage, at least until death or
seibansho do you part :-(.

-sb