Re: [tlug] Fast HTTP Talk, Httperf and Libevent, Pre-talk Hacking Session

On 2008-11-05 13:00 +0900 (Wed), Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:

> Someone has used libevent's evhttp_handle_request to create a python
> based( which uses swig and pyevent) web server.

I should point out here that, while the event-based stuff is nice, it
gives you only concurrency (the appearance of many things running at
once) and not parallelism (actually having more than one thing running
at once). You still need separate threads of control of some sort for
parallelism (leaving aside multiple-dispatch architectures that are not
really suited for web servers).

cjs