Re: [tlug] X11 Session Manager Setup

Curt Sampson wrote:
> On 2008-11-05 11:57 +0900 (Wed), Edward Middleton wrote:
>
>> I end up with a pile of Firefox
>> windows in the current virtual desktop.
>>

> That sounds to me more of an issue with your window manager than
> Firefox.
>
> fvwm1 even has no problem preserving windows' desktop and position
> information across restarts.

I was running gnome so the window manager would have been Metacity.

>> I am fine with passwords not being stored, but being forced to enter 8
>> or 9 passwords at boot time is less then optimal.
>>

> Well, then you can turn on storage of them if you like.

Storing them doesn't mean they are automatically entered, it just means
you get prompted but don't have to enter the user name or password.
There is obviously an issue when you have more then one password dialog
box because you can't determine which page the dialog came from.

Edward