Re: [tlug] JFS file system license

On 27/10/08 10:54, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:

> And the license of the kernel is GPL too.
> And what happens if my Hello World program calls fopen()?

I expressed myself incorrectly in implying that your application has to be
released under GPL if it links to another under GPL.

Dr. T. was far more accurate in saying that you don't have to do so if your
application doesn't *contain* GPL'ed code. Just because you invoke fopen(),
i.e. your application is linked to libc, doesn't mean you incorporated that
part of libc in your application.

>> BTW, please refrain from posting in HTML.
> Gmail supports smileys in HTML emails and I found that
> it is very convinient to express my "sorry" emotions in fancy HTML :)

I think most people are able to interpret smileys without seeing them.
Furthermore, only *you* see those emoticons. Everyone else just sees a
message bloated with HTML.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Computers do what you tell them to do, not necessarily what you want
them to do.