Re: [tlug] Re: Talk about fast HTTP

This conversation seems to have gone a bit off topic. Bringing things back to the original discussion...

> > I wonder if it's worth having a panel discussion after the talk.
> > It sounds as if there may be several of us who design and build
> > high-performance HTTP systems who might have useful experience to
> share.

A panel could be interesting as well. Not everyone in TLUG works directly with HTTP on a daily basis but from a bit of an outside observation it seems that there are quite a few people that do. Perhaps this panel could be held at a separate venue which could be accommodating to all by providing a facility that would allow for the purchase and consumption of alcoholic beverages.

> This could be interesting if you remove the "HTTP" word. I believe
> that
> most companies are looking for performance in networking (I really
> mean system
> and software tuning here, not physical limits of the hardware/lines),
> whatever
> the TCP protocol is.

Although performance in general is always an interesting topic, I think if we open it up it might be a bit too broad. Is it OK if we just keep it focused on web application performance?

cheers,
sach