Re: [tlug] Re: Talk about fast HTTP

On 2008-10-19 20:09 +0900 (Sun), Bruno Raoult wrote:

> >> This *was* true. No more.
> >
> > Really? Why has that changed, and what is it about helping the back-room
> > folks now that makes them suddenly accept new technology faster and pay
> > better than they used to?
>
> I did not say that they accept new technology.

Ok. So how are you going to get rich from someone with a lot acceptance
of new technology?

> Budget is a different issue.

Your client's budget is always an issue if you're going to get rich
from them. If they've got the same budget as before, or possibly even a
smaller one, and you couldn't get rich before, how do you get rich now?

My thought on the matter is: if you can bring in something great and
blow away your competitors, traders may well take you up on it. Back-end
folks won't.

Why will trading groups take you up on it? Because they need to move
fast to survive. Why won't back-end groups do so? Because they can
afford to move more slowly and be more conservative, without any great
loss.

cjs