[tlug] flickr backup

Hi all,

I have an flickr account with more than 8000 pictures in JPEG format.
The size of each picture is roughly 5MB so
I think it will take a while to download all the pictures from my
flickr account

What I want to do are:

1. Backup every pictures in my account,
2. with addition information like comments would be nice.
3. Keep a local folder in my computer in sync with flickr photos,
    i.e flickr is the master.

under Linux[1].

I've found that flickredit can help me backing up the data.
However, it is a Java application so it can not be run from a cronjob
and I doubt that it can handle such a large number files.

I've heard of flickrfs but I don't know if it can do my job.

Any ideas?

[1] To make it less off-topic :D
[2] sunkencity.org/flickredit
[3] Hello Josh.