[tlug] Child abuse :-(

Apparently this is a true story.  Sigh.  I suppose the unlucky
little guy should be happy they did not name him GNU/Linux
or Linux/GNU ...

"A baby named Linux" http://www.linux.com/feature/149992

Reader Christian Nielsen wrote from Sweden to tell us he and his
girlfriend have named their baby Linux, after the operating system,
and attached this darling photo.

Nielsen says he and his girlfriend Veronica considered a few names
during the pregnancy, "but when he finally arrived none of them seemed
right. We both thought that he looked like a little Linux as soon as
we saw him and decided to go for that name."

You might wonder what the grandparents think of their choice, but
Nielsen says it hasn't been a problem. "The reaction from family and
friends has been positive -- they all like it. Our families think it's
a bit of an unusual name but still a nice one, and our friends like it
because it sounds cool! Some have even asked if we are going to name
our next child after Microsoft."

This raises so many questions. Will Richard Stallman insist that the
baby be called GNU/Linux? Does a baby named Linux go to sleep and wake
up without problems? How often does he outgrow his footwear and
require a reboot?

Regardless, here's a picture of the little daemon, who was released on
August 24. The parents request that if you have "any stuff with the
name Linux on, like stickers, pens, and so on" that you can spare,
please write to them.

-sb