Re: [tlug] 21dzk text database

2008/10/11 Charles Muller <cmuller-lst@example.com>
TLUGers,

As an aside to my yet-unresolved SSH keypair problem, some of you may
have noticed the domain name of 21dzk, and I think that some might be
interested what we are doing, computer-wise.

I just moved to Todai to work at a digital humanites project (called 次
世代人文学開発センター), which has as its center a text database of
the East Asian Buddhist canon (大正大蔵經). We are going to develop
this canon by embedding it with all kinds of layered data and
metadata, so that when one selects a text for study or search, all
kinds of related information, including English translations,
scholarly articles, lexical resources and so forth will be readily
accessible through a single interface.

<snip>

I know that not that many people are interested in Buddhism (at least
to this level), but I think that what we are building stands as a
model, to some extent, for the future of textual studies in the area
of Humanities Computing (of course, all of the people involved at the
basic level are Linuxers).

<snip>

I wasn't sure how much to snip in this case, so I may have left too much.

I personally think this is awesome both from a technical stand point, and a study stand point.  :-)  And I do have some interest in Buddhism.