Re: [tlug] Re: Somewhat OT- open source software for US voting machines

Re the whole spoiled ballot question, can someone please tell me how
likely they think it is that a normal, "x" in the box paper ballot is
spoiled *accidentally*?  C'mon, you'd really have to try...  And
surely electronic ballots take away your choice of exactly *how* you
spoil your ballot. ;-)

(There have been close votes in the UK, in parliamentary and council
elections.  I wonder if the difference is that we don't directly elect
a single person by nationwide ballot and therefore don't feel that one
very close vote is a problem.  That said, candidates can ask for as
many recounts as are reasonable to get a close result decided, and
it's easier to recount 50,000 votes than 150m.)

--
Ian.