[tlug] Job Posting: Ruby on Rails

Title: Job Posting: Ruby on Rails
Location: Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan
Title: Software Engineer
Environment: Linux
Company: Gilt
Contact: gsmith at gilt dot com

Responsibilities:

Software development for our high performance, massively scalable online retail application platform. Redesigning the back-end UI for a better user experience. Designing, architecting and building our reporting infrastructure.

Requirements:

* BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 2+ years of professional Ruby on Rails web programming experience (or using another MVC framework).
* 2+ years in database design and data modeling (PostgreSQL or MySQL preferred).
* 5+ years of Object Oriented programming experience in a professional/enterprise development environment.
* Strong knowledge of cross-browser and cross platform client applications.
* Experience writing efficient SQL queries and optimize database-intensive applications.
* Adept developing in Linux/Unix/Solaris environment.
* Work in an agile environment, include test-driven development, continuous integration, small release cycles.
* Experience with version control, bug tracking and build tools.
* Experience developing mobile sites is a plus.
* Excellent communication skills.
* You're likely to thrive in this role with 5 years C/C++ coding in environments where the performance implications of applications you designed, architected and built were paramount.

Compensation:

Very competitive pay. We focus on a small, efficient team that is highly rewarded.

Please Email resumes to: gsmith at gilt dot com